I'm excited to share this DIY project with you this week! Early on， Josh and I discussed using rustic signage for our wedding. We made three signs： one with ‘；I Do， We Did' and？two with ‘；L & J Wedding'？.？ We made these back in November.
Here's what you'll need：funny pillow cases
-Wood， a sawpersonalized gifts for him， and some nails， free (we had this stuff just lying around!)
-A small can of Krylon ColorMaster Acrylic Latex Enamel in White (or similar brand and type)， $8
-Stencils (Wal-Mart， $3)
-Foam brushes (Wal-Mart， $1)
1. First， you need to plan what your sign will look like.We used a taller base for the directional signs with one piece pointing direction (L & J Wedding). The ceremony/reception sign is on a shorter base with two pieces for direction.
2. Honestly， my wonderful future father-in-law made the signs for us， and I highly recommend going that route if you're not much of a carpenter.？ Guesstimating on how to make your base： make sure the wood is the width you like before proceeding. Use a saw to cut the point to show direction； continue until finished with all pieces.
3. Place the pieces where you'd like them on the base. Once you're happy with the placement， nail the pieces to the base.
4. Here's where you come in. I eye-balled where to put the words on the sign. I'm a bit of a perfectionist， but Josh's advice is that it's supposed to look rustic anyway， so just go with it. I used a pencil to stencil the letters onto the wood.
5. Using a foam brush， fill in the letters with your paint. It's essential to have a steady hand during this step. Don't get in a hurry!
6. Let dry.
Making your own signage for your wedding？ I'd love to hear about it!
Hello lovely readers! Many of you have complimented the DIY pipe table that we made for our new eat-in-kitchen area, so today we are sharing with you full details of how we made it. First, let me show you our inspiration, which came from one of my favorite stores–West Elm. I fell in love with the West Elm Workshop Table. But the large size retails for $1,999.00. Yeah, that wasn't going to happen…
One of the largest events in the baby industry each year is the ABC Kids Expo. ?This is the premier trade show where many of the companies in our industry come together to show off their latest, trendy products.? If you love baby products, then this is the place to be.
To many black and white checkerboard tiles are associated with dingy and dated Italian restaurants or brash and tacky American style diners. Unfortunately their bright and bold presence makes them ideal and popular design features for such places. However, as this article explains, the? checkerboard pattern can in fact be extremely elegant and surprisingly contemporary.